Monday, July 26, 2010

LIFE CHANGED BY A WORD

Life can be changed by just a word. I know this because on June 15, 2010, my world changed by just a word.

It was not really what a call a normal day. It was the day, I was going to start my new position with a local Substance Abuse treatment center. I was happy to get back in the the "old businesses" again, since I had been out of it for awhile. Had one side trip first to the doctor office because my husband and mother-in-law were concerned about a hardness I had shown them on my left breast. To me it was due to ranch work, horses, loading and unloading feed and hay, and repair work. "NO BIG DEAL"

I had the appointment at 11:00 am and was into to see my doctor fast like he does. His face and attitude was like always happy and up beat. We talked about the horses and why I had come to see him. (see I don't go often). I told him about the hardness on the breast and he began his exam. His face took on a concern look and the next thing I know I was being set up for tests and to see a surgeon. What the hell was going on. I did not have time to "freak" just get the appointments and have them set early in the morning so they would not effect my work schedule. I then when off for my first day of work.

The following day I went to the new Hospital in town to have a mammogram. OK this is not the best thing in the world. They smashed my breast so much I thought it was going to just fall off. The mammogram tech was a little bit of a girl and sweet as she could be. But into the exam her face became concerned and I knew now that the "shit had hit the fan". It did not look good. Next step was the surgeon who began to tell my that the lump had to be removed and how it was going to be done. The surgery was set for a week later. Damm it moving too fast. NO one could answer questions I had and I did not understand what was going on.

The day of the surgery everything got stop because another doctor wanted to do more test. The tech was worry and show my mammogram to the regular doctor. See the day I was there the regular doctor was out. This doctor wanted to do more test and that they did. It hurt like hell but 2 days later I found out that I had Breast Cancer and was looking at a whole new world.

No comments:

Post a Comment